These 9-hour courses are taught by our US Sailing Certified instructors at Clinton Town Beach over 3 weekday evenings in a single week. Suggested minimum age is 14.
Order for one sailor at a time to complete contact & medical info specific to this sailor. Return here and repeat the process for additional sailors or sessions.
The “Session” drop down list will only display sessions when space is still available. If you don’t see the class you’re looking for, check back to see if space has become available, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to join the wait list.
Adult/Family Sailing lessons are taught by our US Sailing certified instructors at Clinton Town Beach. Learn to sail with family & friends! New sailors will learn basic sailing skills, and returning sailors will have the perfect refresher course.
Here’s how we teach: a mix of chalk talks and land drills gives everyone a chance to learn basic sailing skills, then go out on the water and practice what you’ve learned on 12′ RS Zests or 14′ RS Quests. Students will rotate through positions on the boat: helm (steering the boat), mainsail (the big sail), and jib (the little sail). Each student will have plenty of time to practice all these key roles, and by the end of three days, you should feel confident sailing a similar boat with friends. Or take another course with CSC for even more fun!
The details: 9-hour courses take place over 3 weekday evenings in one week. Note that the days and times vary slightly each week to avoid low tide. Choose your session, and remember – sailing is even more fun with family and friends!! Suggested minimum age is 14. Registrations close at 4PM the Thursday before each session will be held.
5 Easy Steps to Register: (complete all five)
- Choose your Session, enter Sailor’s Full Name, Add to cart, Proceed to checkout
- Digitally sign online liability, helmet, and media waivers plus Sailor Code of Conduct
- Login to your account, or enter billing details, email address, and password
- Pay via credit card
- Complete sailor information, medical, and emergency contact
- Water!! PLEASE bring WATER in a reusable bottle!!
- Sunscreen applied prior to arrival
- Closed-toe water shoes (old sneakers will work)
- Sailors wade in the water to board their boat and when they practice capsize drills
- Clinton Town Beach has rocks, sharp shells, and mud (oh, the mud…)
- Crocs and flip-flops are not acceptable. They slip right off and are not safe
- Sunglasses with keeper
- Wide-brimmed hat with strap
- Rash guard or similar shirt for sun protection
- Properly sized PFD (life jacket) if you have a favorite, but we have plenty for everyone
- Easy to read beginner sailing textbook to review at home. Available at:
Enrollments are non-refundable. If a sailor backs out of a class at the last minute, there’s little chance to find another to take her place. If we refund that enrollment and can’t find another, we lose that revenue, yet still have to pay our staff, insurance, etc. But we will make every effort to make you happy and to get you on the water if it’s possible to move you to another session. Please also note that we have no control over weather (including rain, thunderstorms, and high wind conditions); while we make every effort to get sailors on the water as much as possible, our first priority is the safety of our students and staff.
Please email email@example.com with any questions or comments. We look forward to hearing from you! We also look forward to SAILING with you!
Adult/Family / Jul 14-16 / 4:30-7:30pm, Adult/Family / Jul 28-30 / 4:30-7:30pm
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.