What is Shore Power?
Shore Power is a volunteer land-based safety crew at Clinton Town Beach during our youth classes. Volunteers assist for 8:30-12 morning or 12:30-4pm afternoon sessions. Youth classes run M-F from mid-June to mid-August. 1 week commitment (am or pm) requested. Longer commitments welcome.
- Represent CSC in a professional manner at all times in person or online
- Communicate with a parent/guardian of any child that has been injured
- Assist Instructors in the supervision of the students as needed
- Administer basic first aid to any to sailor, junior instructor or instructor
- Fill out an injury report for all injuries and communicate the circumstances of the injury to the instructor
- Go over any injury reports with the parent/guardian at the time of pick up
- Should the injury be severe enough that medical attention be needed:
- Call 911 and report the injury and location
- Contact the child’s parent (emergency contact information will be available at the beach)
- Contact Programming and Staffing at 860-235-0247 or Sheila Dunning
- Monitor radio for communication between instructors, junior instructors and shore
- Ensure that CSC areas are secure and that only CSC personnel are in that area
- Communicate with programming and staffing concerning shortages of first aid supplies
- Background check
- CPR/First Aid certification (you may schedule yourself or we will schedule a class)
- 50% off any CSC class for volunteering 1 session, or...
- 100% FREE CSC class for volunteering 2 sessions
Email Staffing@clintonsail.org for more information and to be added to our volunteer list.